Flat Irons and Curling Irons are two different types of hair styling tools that are used for different purposes but both are used to style hair.
- Flat Irons are used to straighten hair.
- Flat Irons are sometimes called Hair Straighteners.
- Flat Irons have two plates that heat up and clamp down on hair to straighten it.
- Flat Irons come in different sizes for different lengths of hair.
- Flat Irons generally have metal or ceramic plates.
- They can also be used to make some curls but not as good as a Curling Iron.
Qualities Of Flat Iron
- You can use flat irons to create different types of waves and curls.
- Flat irons reduce frizz and roughness, making hair smooth and orderly.
- Flat iron is mostly used for straight hair.
- Flat irons are usually lightweight and portable.
- Curling Irons are used to create curls and waves.
- Curling Irons have a cylindrical barrel that is heated and hair is wrapped around it to create curls.
- They come in various sizes, the barrels.
- A curling iron is sometimes called curling wand. It is a heated rod that hair is wrapped around to form the curl.
- Curling irons are used to achieve different curls and more curly styles than a flat iron would do.
- Curling Irons are made from Teflon, ceramic, or Titanium.
Qualities of Curling Iron
- You can control the size and shape of your curls.
- You get very defined and uniform curls.
- Curls and waves look smooth, with no frizz and stray fly aways.
- Curls last for a long time, especially when finished with hairspray.
- A quality curling iron lasts a long time and sometimes comes with replaceable barrels.
Cons Of Both Curling and Flat Iron
- Heat styling can damage your hair over time and cause breakage, frizz, and split ends.
- Curling hair with a curling iron takes time, effort, and attention.
- It can be difficult to curl short hair with a curling iron.
You can use a Flat Iron to curl your hair but you can’t use a Curling Iron to straighten your hair!
For more professional maintenance and revamping of your wigs and weaves, kindly walk into our salon at our flagship store at shop G11, Landmark Boulevard, Water Corporation Drive. Lagos.
place a call to 0909 810 1010 to book an appointment.