FIRSTLY, WHAT ARE WIG KNOTS?
Wig knots are knots that appear where each hair strand is tied onto a wig's lace cap. These knots help to keep the hair secure to the lace, preventing hair fallout and excessive shedding.
Different types of Wig Knots?
- This type of knot is smaller in size and usually found at the front hairline of lace wigs.
- They are easier to bleach and give a more natural hairline appearance.
- The wigs that use single knots are mostly more expensive than others.
- These wigs are also lighter in density.
- Double knots are more visible and bigger in size.
- They are harder to bleach because they use more strands.
- Double knots are typically used to increase the hair density.
WAYS TO MAKE YOUR WIG LOOK MORE NATURAL
- Bleaching the knots
- Foundation over knots
- BLEACHING OF WIG KNOTS?
Bleaching knots is a professional technique to make closures, frontals and wigs look more natural, by creating the illusion that the hair grows directly from your scalp. The bleaching process uses chemicals to make the knots lighter.
Wig knots tend to be visible and other people can easily realise that it’s not your natural hair and that you are wearing a wig.
Source: unknown2. FOUNDATION OVER KNOTS
With your foundation brush apply some concealer and use it to blend the knots with your skin tone to achieve a more natural look.
For bleaching of your 10x10 wig by our professional stylists, kindly bring it in to our salon at our flagship store at shop G11, Landmark Boulevard, Water Corporation Drive. Lagos.
Or place a call to 0909 810 1010 to book an appointment.
Thank you for reading!