LOC stands for liquid, oil, and cream. This method is the best way to keep your natural (unrelaxed) hair moisturized for days. The unique feature of this method is the systematic application of products in a specific order for maximum moisture retention.
This method involves three steps:
- Water/Leave-in conditioner/ Water-Oil mixture (water-based product)
- The liquid opens up the cuticle and allows moisture to enter the strand
- Olive Oil/Coconut Oil/etc.
- Once the cuticles are open, the oil penetrates the hair shafts and softens the hair
- Seals in the moisture until you wash your hair.
These products work together to lock in moisture and create a protective layer over each strand and ensure that the moisture remains in the hair shafts.
HOW TO APPLY LOC METHOD
- Apply Liquid
- Divide your hair into at least four sections before applying the product to each section.
- Finish off by combing each section to distribute the product evenly.
- If you don’t want to use a leave-in conditioner, you can also take water in a spray bottle and spritz it onto your hair.
- Apply a little bit of natural oil of your choice.
- Make sure all the strands of your hair are completely coated with the oil
- This step can be a little tricky as the type of oil you choose needs to match your hair’s porosity level.
- For the final step, apply a creamy moisturizer to your hair to lock-in the moisture.
- For the final step, use thick products like hair mousse, hair soufflé, cream moisturizer, or hair butter.
- This cream also defines your curls and helps you style your hair.
- You can even apply styling products at this point to style your curls as shown below.
LOC METHOD PRODUCT FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF HAIR
- 3A Hair
- Light in consistency.
- These products will not weigh your hair down and make your curls silky and bouncy.
- Add a thin layer of lightweight oil to your hair.
- Take a peanut-sized amount and spread it on your palms. Work it into your hair by massaging each strand.
- Apply a lightweight cream and air-dry your curls to avoid frizz.
- 3B Hair
- use a lightweight formula that does not leave behind an oily residue on your hair and scalp.
- Avocado, grape seed and coconut oils are excellent for 3B hair.
- For the final step, use thick products like hair mousse, hair souffle, cream moisturizer, or hair butter.
- 3C Hair
- Use a creamy leave-in conditioner that is slightly heavy.
- This will provide adequate moisture to your hair.
- Mix castor oil with some almond or coconut oil.
- This will give you an oil with a balanced consistency, which is ideal for 3C hair.
- Finish off by using a shea butter-based product or a styling cream for perfectly moisturized hair.
- 4A Hair
- Before you start the LOC method, cleanse your hair with a moisturizing shampoo.
- Then, apply a creamy leave-in conditioner.
- This will prepare your moisture-resistant hair to absorb the oil.
- Use medium-weight oils like jojoba oil, castor oil, or sweet almond oil to seal in the moisture.
- These oils will prevent the moisture from evaporating.
- Apply a good amount of creamy hair butter.
- If your hair still feels dry, apply another layer of oil and cream.
- 4B Hair
- Use thicker products to get the best results.
- If you want to retain maximum moisture, co-wash your hair before trying out this method.
- For this step, apply a thick leave-in conditioner to damp hair.
- Use natural oils like coconut oil, castor oil, or sesame oil to help retain the moisture.
- Since your hair bonds are densely packed, use thick hair creams to make it more manageable.
- 4C Hair
- Use products that are a bit heavy as it is incapable of retaining moisture.
- Use a heavy, creamy leave-in conditioner that is infused with heavy oils.
- Oils like castor, olive, and argan oils can be used on this type of hair.
- You can even mix them in equal proportions before applying them to your hair all at once.
- For the last step, use organic shea butter or a cream that is infused with heavy oils.
If you are wondering how often to use this method, since the method keeps your hair moisturized for several days at a stretch. You can follow this method every time you wash your hair, which could be once every few days.
Do not delay your washing session beyond two weeks to avoid product build-up.
The beautiful thing is, this process doesn’t have to be done at home, @ 10x10 salon, we offer the best salon service and more.
Thank you for reading, we hope you find this useful.
for more hair tips, follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/10by10styles.com
For free consultation with our professional stylist, kindly click https://10by10styles.com. or visit our salon at shop G11, Landmark Boulevard, Water Corporation Drive. Lagos, (https://maps.app.goo.gl/y7Qbhkn2wQ2zgYaT6?g_st=iwb).
Or place a call to 0909 810 1010 to book an appointment.