As we all get ready for another round of votes, I am sure a few of these words comes to mind, ballot, casting vote, count, ballot rigging, campaign trail, ballot box, election campaign, poll, general election, mandate, nomination, re-elect, rigging, teller, unseat, voting both.
In this election period in Nigeria, we are certain people are thinking of how to observe their civic right with all the comfort that can be put in place, hence 10x10 has put together below all the necessary things needed to ease your stress as you are looking forward to casting your vote on the presidential, Gubernatorial and Local government election days.
-Power bank and Charger
-Handkerchief or pocket tissue
- Comfortable Hair – It is quite sunny in Nigeria at the moment, so it is advisable to go on short wig or natural hair to avoid unnecessary discomfort as a result of heat. We suggest the following short 10x10 wigs:
- Simple/ Light Clothes – It is advisable to wear simple or light clothes due to the hot weather, as polling units are usually outside with little or no shelter.
- Comfortable Shoes - It depends on what comfort is to an individual but loafers/sneakers are best recommended because the election process might last longer than anticipated.
- Voters Card(PVC) - This is a very important aspect of electoral process as the processes cannot be completed without the PVC.
- Power Bank and Charger - This to keep your phone powered.
- Water Bottle - Water is essential especially because the weather is likely to be hot and would leave one dehydrated.
- Umbrella -The need to protect one from either sun or rain, since most of the polling units are without shelter.
- Face Cap - We recommend face cap mostly in the absence of umbrella, to prevent sun from directly perching on the face.
- Handkerchief or Pocket Tissue – This would be needed in case of sweat or stain.
- Snacks - This is to keep one tummy in check in the absence of food.
Thank you for reading,
We hope you find this useful.