Keeping hair tools clean is part of hair hygiene which has a major part to play in healthiness and growth of the hair.
Sterilizing hair tools is to kill the germs that cause infections by baking or using pressure steaming.
Maintaining high standards of hygiene on hair tools help to prevent the risk of cross contamination; especially if you don’t have your personal tools exclusive to you.
Fungi, viruses, parasites and bacteria can easily spread if you don’t do your bit to put a stop to them.
WHY YOU SHOULD STERILIZE HAIR TOOLS
- It helps to remove bacteria, germs, fungi and all kind of hair diseases from the tools and prevent it from infecting the hair.
- Sterilizing helps to prevent the spread of germs from one person to another.
- It helps to keep the hair healthy and free from diseases.
- It fosters growth.
PROCESSES INVOLVED IN STERILIZATION
- Throw out single use tools, do not reuse.
- Chose a sterilization method.
There are 5 approved methods:
- Moist heat - uses pressurised steam to destroy all microorganisms, including bacteria and viruses, on your tools
- Steaming in an airtight container
- Dry heat (Baking the tools in the oven)
- Using ultraviolet rays
- Using antiseptic/disinfectants
- Clean– use warm soapy water and a microfiber cloth to clean the dirt on the tools
- Disinfect/Sanitize– place your tools in a jar of disicide concentrate. When you do this, it’s important to consider something called ‘contact time’. This means the amount of time that the tools are immersed in the disicide concentrate. You should place your tools in the disicide concentrate for at least 15 minutes and at the most for 30 minutes.
- Dry– once your tools have been immersed in the Disicide concentrate for the appropriate contact time, you should remove them, rinse them in cold water and then dry them thoroughly in your sterilizer.
- Wipe down electric tools
- Protect yourself by washing your hands properly.
- Store your sanitized tools in a clean place.
Please try and have personal hair tools if possible.
For more professional maintenance and revamping, kindly walk into our salon at our flagship store at shop G11, Landmark Boulevard, Water Corporation Drive. Lagos. (https://maps.app.goo.gl/y7Qbhkn2wQ2zgYaT6?g_st=iwb).
Or place a call to 0909 810 1010 to book an appointment.